The Princes Hall, Aldershot hosts a number of events throughout the year, that are not included on our What's On pages.
Full details on each event can be found below.
Thursdays - 7th February, 7th March, 4th April, 9th May, 6th June, 4th July
Aldershot Floral Design Club (founded 1954) is affiliated to the Surrey Area of NAFAS, the RHS and NCCPG.
What is NAFAS?
In 1959, flower arranging clubs and societies banded together and, with the support of the Royal Horticultural Society, formed the National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies. NAFAS grew rapidly to encompass a national network of flower clubs and was granted charitable status in 1984.
The Association has since been a unifying and guiding mainstay to thousands of men, women and juniors whose love of flowers has opened up a whole new world of creativity. Today, NAFAS ranks as one of the most notable specialist associations, with around 79,000 members within 1,350 affiliated Clubs across 21 areas in the UK.
Surrey Area of NAFAS
The Surrey Area of NAFAS was founded in 1960. We now have 54 flower clubs that meet regularly for flower arranging demonstrations, talks and practical sessions. Surrey Area was honoured when three of their members became NAFAS National Presidents.
The Area was very proud to be asked to stage 'Florimania' by Hampton Court Palace in 1996. The Palace's festival is held every year over the Monthering Sunday weekend and this is our eleventh year of arranging flowers for them.
During the summer months in recent years we have arranged flower in the 'Erdigg Vase' in both the King's and Queen's Apartments. Also every week, except during the winter months, a team from the Area arranges flowers in Ham House.
Since 1990 Surrey Area, in association with the Royal National Rose Society and later with the Royal Horticultural Society, have organised the Floral Art Competitions at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Show.
In 2003 Surrey was asked by NAFAS to represent them at the Chelsea Flower Show, winning a Gold Medal. All this as well as the many shows and events Surrey Area Clubs organise and participate in.
The Surrey Area of NAFA aims to...
- Encourage the love of flowers and plants and to demonstrate their decorative and creative value
- Advance education in all facets of flower arranging
- Instruct, train and qualify judges, demonstrators, speakers and teachers in order to raise the standard of flower arranging
- Support worthy causes and charities by organising exhibitions and competitions
- Encourage the conservation of rare and endangered species of flowers and plants
Mrs Chris Brown - 01276 61740
7th & 21st January, 4th & 18th February, 4th March, 29th April, 13th May, 3rd & 17th June, 1st July
1pm - 3.30pm and 4.30pm - 7pm
Please book an appointment on 0300 123 23 23 or click on the Blood Donor Online link at www.blood.co.uk
Tuesday's - 9.30am-10.15am (Walkers to 4years)
High Energy, Free Spirited Classes in Music and Dance
Movement - rhythms - songs - instruments - listening - games...
MAD Academy provide weekly music and dance classes for babies, toddlers and preschool children. Our approach is fun, funky and physical and we pride ourselves on being free spirited and relaxed. Our classes and children's parties are packed with music, movement, rhythm and dance. Our curriculum is carefully designed to develop and stimulate children at every stage, with age appropriate games and activities focused on promoting key skills. So whether your child is 3 months or 3 years, there is a class to suit them!
Contact: Natasha Barker
Sunday 28th April
Established in 1988 this popular, well attended event moved to it's present spacious venue in 1992. Between 110 and 130 stalls where you can buy, sell and exchange with quality dealers from many parts of the country.
Preview (9.30am-10.30am) £3.50
10.30am -2.30pm £2.50
accompanied children free
Mark Carter - 01753 534777
Every Thursday Morning
Quit4Life - Stop Smoking Sessions
Wednesday's from 5pm
When you come to Quit4Life you can discuss all your concerns with an experienced adviser who will reassure you that it's never too late to give up, there will always be a benefit to your health and your pocket and you can do it with our help.
If you have tried to quit on your own it's possible that any products you bought over the counter didn't deliver enough nicotine for long enough, or maybe the time wasn't quite right or you didn't get enough support from those around you. The support and experience of a Quit4Life adviser could make all the difference.
If you have quit with us before and gone back to smoking you will always be welcomed back as soon as you feel ready to try again.
With the benefit of experience you can plan to avoid slipping up again!
0845 602 4663
£3.50 per session
Rushmoor Healthly Living 01252 362660
Wednesdays & Thursdays
Weds 5.30pm & 7.30pm, Thurs 9.00am & 11.00am
At Slimming World we understand the need for a family friendly approach and that's where food optimising comes in.
Its a healthier way of eating and living based on making small changes to how you shop, cook and eat.
It doesn't just help you to loose weight-it lays healthy foundations for the whole family that will last a life time.
Slimming World will amaze you! We guarantee you'll enjoy fabulous and filling food that everyone in your family will love.
With support from your consultant and fellow members, you'll soon find you're making small changes that will make a big difference, you'll find:
1. You can eat and enjoy!! with the extra easy plan you can fill up on everyday foods that are filling and naturally low in calories, like fruit, veg lean meat, poultry and fish, and pasta, rice. We call them free foods because you can eat unlimited amounts of them!!!
2. Nothing is off the menu!! we know that a little of what you fancy does you good, you can enjoy your favourite things everyday, whenever its chocolate, crisps or a glass of wine.
3. You'll save £££s as well as lbs!! At Slimming World you'll swap expensive ready cooked meals and takeaways for simple home-cooked dishes the whole family will enjoy, and you'll pick up money-saving hints and tips in group every week.
4. You'll get more active!! Our body magic programme is a simple way for the whole family to get moving more, Frisbee at the park, active games, walking to school rather than taking the car.... its a way of getting active that works for your family , its body magic!!
To discover why Slimming World is the family friendly way to lose weight, give me a call or pop along to one of the groups here at The Princes Hall, I promise you'll never look back.
For more details call Micki on 07799323436